The National Survey of Programs and Services for Homeless Families
relies on input from government officials and service providers to provide accurate information on the resources available to homeless families.
Please submit information if you are affiliated with any of the following:
- Governor's office
- Mayor's office
- State or local government agency with programs serving homeless and/or at-risk families
- Alliance or advocacy group serving homeless and/or at-risk families
- Emergency or transitional shelter serving homeless families
Download the survey that applies to your organization. Adobe Reader
is required to view the questionnaire. Return the completed survey via e-mail to email@example.com
, fax to 212-358-8090, or mail to the address below.
Institute for Children, Poverty, and Homelessness
Attn: National Survey
44 Cooper Square, 4th Floor
New York, NY 10003
Contact Matthew Adams, National Survey
Project Manager, at 212-358-8086 with any questions, comments, or concerns.GUIDELINES
The National Survey
highlights programs for families with dependent children who are homeless or at risk of becoming homeless. This resource does not include programs that set additional eligibility criteria for accepting families (such as only serving victims of domestic violence).
The National Survey
is unable to include all localities at this time. Please visit the Local Data
page for a complete list and the About
page for details on how localities were selected.
Please complete the corresponding survey detailing state or local family homelessness initiatives:GOVERNMENT AGENCIES
If your organization is a government agency (including a housing authority) that administers programs or grants that assist homeless or at-risk families, please complete the following survey:ALLIANCES AND ADVOCACY GROUPS
If your organization advocates on behalf of homeless families, but does not exclusively provide shelter services, please send us your information. Please e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org
with the following details:
- Organization name
- Brief description of activities
- Website URL (if applicable)
Please complete the following facility survey if your organization:
- Is an emergency or transitional shelter (not scattered-site transitional units or permanent supportive housing);
- Serves two parent, single parent, and/or expecting homeless families with children (not only single adults);
- Does not exclusively serve populations with special needs (i.e. victims of domestic violence).